General Motors turns to the fashion world for help to promote the new 2013 Chevrolet Malibu. The automaker joined forces with Isaac Mizrahi, New York born fashion designer, who came up with a six-piece Malibu Collection for women based off of the lines, materials, and shapes of Chevy’s mid-size sedan.
“The 2013 Malibu is a beautifully designed car,” said Mizarahi. “Each piece of my capsule collection was inspired by the features of the car, from the leather seats that feel like they are hugging you, to the ice-blue interior lighting.”
Mizrahi met up with a number of Chevrolet executives, including Malibu Advertising Manager Mary Kubitskey when designing the clothes and accessories of this six piece collection.
“Collaborating with Isac Mizrahi on this collection has helped us speak to women who embrace style, but still want a smart product to make their lives easier,” said Kubitskey.
Listed below is the description and prices of the collection:
- Malibu Driving Moccasin ($110): Made in Napa leather, with a quilted, cushioned insole. The color was inspired by the Malibu’s Crystal Red Tintcoat color.
- Malibu Blouse ($140): Blouse with robin’s egg blue silk crepe. Hidden buttons and pocket complete this piece.
- Malibu Leather Jacket ($298): Buttery-soft black leather jacket with quilted detailing, interior blue contrast piping and a slightly fitted structure that resembles the contrast stitching on the seats.
- Malibu Double-Handle Tote Bag ($260): Rich saturated cobalt blue bag in pebble leather with black interior and blue piping along the zipper.
- Malibu Colored Skinny Jeans ($73): Coated, poppy red color with a touch of stretch to conform to any body type.
- Malibu Over-sized Boyfriend Watch ($110): The watch’s blue face is inspired by the Malibu’s interior light, and it’s complemented by silver tone detailing.